The Paphos regional tourism board (Etap) announced on Thursday that it is boosting its promotional efforts in Poland as part of its 2025 action plan.
According to the announcement, the board will participate in a series of workshops and presentations in three major Polish cities—Kraków, Poznań, and Warsaw. These events will take place from April 7 to 11, 2025.
The board explained that this initiative is spearheaded by the Deputy Ministry of Tourism and “aims to share information with commercial partners and travel agents while promoting Paphos as a year-round destination“.
Moreover, the board explained that “the Polish market has become a top priority, with tourist arrivals from Poland increasing significantly in recent years, largely due to Ryanair’s flights to Paphos”.
It further noted that arrivals from Poland to Cyprus exceeded 335,000 in 2024. This marks a 20 per cent increase compared to 2023, when arrivals stood at 274,000.
The tourism board mentioned that “Paphos continues to attract a substantial share of these visitors, with an estimated 49 per cent of Polish tourists to Cyprus choosing to stay in the region“.
Currently, Ryanair operates approximately 14 inbound flights per week from seven Polish airports to Cyprus, something which helps to improve the connectivity between the two countries.
“The participation in exhibitions and workshops, the hosting of travel agents and journalists, as well as other public relations and promotional activities, are all part of a broader strategy,” Etap said.
“This strategy is a joint effort by stakeholders and businesses in Paphos, the Deputy Ministry of Tourism, Hermes Airports, and other entities to further develop tourism and attract visitors on a year-round basis“, the announcement added.
Earlier this week, Deputy Tourism Minister Kostas Koumis said that “Cyprus’ tourism sector has entered 2025 with optimism“, as it aims to match or surpass the record-breaking figures of 2024.
Tourist arrivals in 2024 exceeded four million for the first time, generating over €3 billion in revenue.
He mentioned that so far in 2025, arrivals have risen by six per cent year-on-year, a growth attributed to improved air connectivity.
The minister also said that a key government priority remains extending the tourism season beyond the summer peak, with policies introduced to attract niche markets like sports tourism.
Recent sporting events alone have brought over 5,000 international visitors in two weeks, he said.
Specifically, Cyprus saw a seven per cent year-on-year rise in tourist arrivals in February 2025, with an additional 32,865 visitors arriving in the first two months, marking a 15.4 per cent increase from the same period in 2024.
The United Kingdom remained the top source of visitors, followed by Poland, Israel, and Greece.
Koumis also stated that Paphos continues to be a strong performer, with substantial hotel renovations enhancing its appeal.
He noted that Paphos airport will connect to 58 airports across 21 countries in 2025, further strengthening its potential for further growth.
“Paphos has significantly upgraded its tourism offering, with many hotels investing in renovations and new facilities. This has not gone unnoticed by the international travel market,” he said.
“The numbers confirm Paphos’ strong momentum,” Koumis added.
